Thursday, April 27, 2017

here's to a new placement

Due to a wide variety of things outside of my control, I will be leaving my nontraditional STEM classroom and stepping back into the world of general mathematics.  Starting in the 2017-2018 school year I will be teaching 90 minute periods of Math 7 and Accelerated Math 7.  I am looking forward to developing a new routine/schedule for my day.  Previously I taught 44 minute class periods for both math and then STEM.  Having 90 minutes to complete warm-ups, notes, independent practice, games & activities, and exit tickets is a DREAM!  I am in love with the sample block schedules from MathGiraffe. I plan on taking quite a bit of time this summer to organize my units in such a way to follow her suggested schedules.  (As well as review and adjust my games and activities, create new foldables, and review trinomials.)

I will try to keep you posted on my new adventure into 7th grade mathematics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

jenga math

While killing some time on Pinterest the other day I found an interesting pin on using Jenga in the math classroom.  Craziness in Fifth ha...